Your real competition isn't some job hunter off the street. It's the candidate who was
coached by The Headhunter. Use The Headhunter's insider perspective to your advantage;
don't let it sneak up and bite you!
48. Who does the work you want to do?
All the corn pone "wisdom" about job change and career development comes up
short of this simple truth: The best help you'll get in your search for a new job will come from people who do the work you want
to do. They will teach you:
- What the work is all about
- What it takes to be successful at it
- How to apply your existing skills to that work
- How to develop additional skills you will need
- How to avoid wasting your time in your search for the right job
- Who can hire you
- How to meet the people who can hire you
- How to prepare a demonstration of your relevant abilities
- What to expect in an interview
- What to expect from the job
- How to win the job
All you need do to get this wonderful advice is find someone who does the work you
want to do, and ask for it. Why waste time doing anything else? With all this help available from real experts, who needs
career counselors, want ads, resumes or headhunters?
Any new job should start with this question: Who does the work you want to do?
For more about how to meet the right people, please see A Good Network Is A Circle of Friends
The contents of this site are Copyright (c)
1995-2015 North Bridge Group LLC.
All rights reserved.
This material is for personal use only. Republication and redissemination,
including posting to news groups, is expressly prohibited without prior written consent.
Ask The Headhunter, Fearless Job Hunting, the ATH logo and other ATH titles are trademarks or registered trademarks of North Bridge
Group LLC and
Nick A. Corcodilos.
agreement, legal information and disclaimer.