Your real competition isn't some job hunter off the street. It's the candidate who was
coached by The Headhunter. Use The Headhunter's insider perspective to your advantage;
don't let it sneak up and bite you!
27. Don't walk blind on the job
From the lowliest support personnel to the most highly paid executives, the
smartest people in America venture out on the job hunt with their eyes closed. They smile
that idiotic "Im your man" smile at people they dont know
These people are all conducting a "blind job
search". Thats where you broadcast information about yourself to people you
dont know who dont know you and who have no reason to care. Then you wonder
why these employers arent impressed. You wonder why they havent called you
Its because youre walking blind.
- Know who youre calling, or dont call him.
- If you dont know the person you want to call, first call someone who does and get
- If you wouldnt recognize a man on the street, dont walk into an interview
- Send a resume only when the employer already has at least two other solid reasons to be
interested in you.
- Never pursue jobs youve "heard about"; pursue only jobs where the
manager has heard about you. If he hasnt heard about you yet, see that he
Open your eyes before you venture out. Good employers are watching and in general, they
dont think you know where youre going. Dont walk blind on the job hunt.
The contents of this site are Copyright (c)
1995-2013 North Bridge Group, Inc.
All rights reserved.
This material is for personal use only. Republication and redissemination,
including posting to news groups, is expressly prohibited without prior written consent.
Ask The Headhunter, Fearless Job Hunting, the ATH logo and other ATH titles are trademarks or registered trademarks of North Bridge Group, Inc. and
Nick A. Corcodilos.
agreement, legal information and disclaimer.