Every week in the Ask The Headhunter Newsletter I answer one question from a reader in the traditional Q&A format. From time to time, we have an “open mic,” where you pose the questions on the fly here on the blog.
This week, I will do my best to answer any and all questions you post. As always, I welcome everyone to contribute their best advice to the questions, and to add their comments to the discussion. The more input, the better!
- Lost your job and don’t know how to start hunting for a new one?
- The employer wants you to do a stress interview?
- Wondering how to deal with a headhunter who just called you?
- They want your salary history, but you don’t want to share it?
- Your company posted a job and you got 5,000 applicants. What now?
- The manager made you a good offer, but HR just called to rescind it?
- What’s your problem? Please post it and we’ll tackle it.
(You don’t have to include any identifying information.)
I’ve answered over 30,000 questions from Ask The Headhunter readers since 1995. This week I’ll answer as many as you post — and I’m sure you’ll get lots more great advice and commentary from the rest of our community. So… please ask away!
(This column was published before the comment threading feature was added to Ask The Headhunter, so my replies to questions do not appear immediately below each comment. Please scroll down in the comments and look for my reply “@commenter-name” to each question. Sorry for the inconvenience!)